- 300g Chatham Island blue cod, sliced diagonally about 1cm thick
- 30g carrot, sliced diagonally
- 150g snowpeas, ends trimmed
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 slices of ginger root, skin peeled
- spring onions 1 stalk, cut diagonally roughly 2cm long
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon chicken stock powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- dash of ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoon shaoxing or Chinese cooking rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 calendula flower, use only half of the petals with ends trimmed
- oil for frying
Mix fish fillets with corn flour and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Leave aside. Heat work with oil. Fry fish for about 2 minutes, adding carrots and mushrooms towards the end to quickly cook them. Remove, drain and set aside.
Empty oil into container. Using the same wok, add garlic and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant. Add snowpeas and stir for about 30 seconds. Add cooked fish, spring onions and flavouring mixture. Mix well.
Remove and serve on a plate, sprinkle with trimmed calendula petals and serve with steamed rice.